YAR! We love music but hate about 99% of the mainstream music that is being thrown at us. This blog was designed to share the music we that harpooned in, so you don't have to sift through the rubbage!





Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Idiot Pilot - Wolves




Idiot pilot is a post hardcore/electronic band I just uncovered from Bellingham, WA. I guess this is my first post for a post hardcore band, so its time to celebrate because I like them. Their first album Strange We Should Meet Here was released back in 2005 on Clickpop Records. The album was later bought up by Reprise and re-released. I like this album for two reasons, A Day in the Life of a Poolshark and To Buy A Gun which are both great tracks. Their newest album is Wolves, which was released in February 2008. The song Retina in the Sky was on the Transformers soundtrack.. odd. So these guys are fairly mainstream now, but oh well do not lecture me. They remind me of the love child of the Blood Brother and Radiohead/Muse. A mix that I am totally done with. I definitely like their older album much more because it is a little bit raw, whereas Wolves sounds more produced and clean. Thus, losing any hardcore edge that they originally had. Overall, I'd say check out the album Strange We Should Meet Here, because it may be their peak before they become screamo tools of the radio.


Retina And The Sky - Idiot Pilot



Idiot Pilot - To Buy a Gun



1 comment:

juck / ヨッシー said...

Please link to my rock blog MRMR.


ad sense